« Wal-Mart's Solar Play | Main | GreenerComputing.com: Information Technology, without the Byte »

May 08, 2007

Comments

Scott

1997 research of Robert Costanza, et al, demonstrated that $36 trillion of the $39 trillion annual gross world product flows directly from Earth's natural services to industry's bottom line.

It's interesting to consider what would happen if all of Earth's stakeholders had an equal share in the results returned on the original and paid-in capital. In other words, what would change if we let industry keep the profits generated from its 8% contribution, and give shareholders voting rights on the other 92%.

The comments to this entry are closed.